Sunday, August 3, 2014

Guilty

Hey Guys!

What's up!? Sorry I didn't write yesterday! I had some very close friends come in from out of town! We went to the fair and had a blast! Oh man did I cheat! And in all the bad ways!
First we went out to a pizza buffet. One that has go-carts, lazer tag and tons of tickets to win! It was a blast! Then we wen't to the fair and had even more fatty foods! Like fries, a pina colada and a turkey leg. Oh the horror! But sometimes it's OK to splurge. As long as you don't make a habit of it and fall off the health nut train! Thankfully I got half way on track today. My friends treated me to sushi though! Now I feel even more guilty! Must eat health tomorrow! 

So there's my normal human temptation off the week! I WILL get on track this week! It's my goal for the week! So I'll keep you updated on how it goes!


So I read this a while back and it didn't surprise me. 
In fact, the results of one study showed that a greater neurological reward was provided by intense sweetness than by the drug cocaine. Similar findings occur when we look at withdrawal from sweet as well, indicating that getting off sugar may cause the same neurological symptoms as withdrawing from nicotine, morphine and alcohol. Now more than ever, we are seeing more and more associations linking addictions of sugar and drugs in the same bucket.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/sugar-addiction-_b_3861957.html

Oh My Goodness. I'm a drug addict! (sugar being my drug of course :D ) I Seriously Have a craving for sweets ALL of the time! It's crazy. No wonder it's hard to quit soda. I won't let this get the best of me though! I've slowed down a lot. Not enough but I'm way better then I was. I'm proud of my self that I've gotten this far! I know this will be hard and I'm going to hate it at times. But I want to run with my kids (when I have them) And still be working out when I'm 60 like my grandpa. I want to have a happy future. I would give up anything for that. Especially something as silly as sugar.  I'm the only one that can do that for myself. While it helps having others here to support me I have to take this leap with my own two feet! While I'm in the air I will shake my imaginary pom poms and yell " I can do this!" lol Can you imagine me doing that? If you can't you will once you get to know me! 

So with my pep talk talk out of the way I'd like to ask you guys a question. Should I do a veggie burger for my first cooking show? I found an awesome turkey burger recipe too. So I'm really stuck :(
I go to pinterest when I really want a good recipe so each are from bloggers.
http://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2014/04/12/chunky-portabella-veggie-burgers/
http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2010/04/teriyaki-turkey-burgers/
 So look them up and tell me what you think! The only think that sucks about the turkey burgers is that I would have to do them on a George foreman Grill. I almost feel that's more down to earth though because grilling happens more when you have a house and lots of money. I'm not quite there yet! 


Thanks for reading! Please feel free to send me feed back! <3

-Sara Star

No comments:

Post a Comment